Borough Hall Greenwich remains on the Theatres at Risk Register 2026 Submitted by daniel on Mon, 06/07/2026 - 14:58 Picture Image Borough Hall in Greenwich is one of just two south London venues on the 2026 register, alongside Streatham Hill Theatre in Lambeth. The Theatres at Risk Register was launched by Theatres Trust in 2006 to shine a spotlight on theatres and performance venues threatened by closure, redevelopment or serious deterioration. The register aims to raise awareness, attract investment and encourage action to help secure the long-term future of culturally significant buildings. Read more about Borough Hall Greenwich remains on the Theatres at Risk Register 2026Add new comment
Westow Hill Crystal Palace stabbing road closed - Recap Submitted by daniel on Sun, 21/06/2026 - 08:00 Picture Image This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please . If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can Read more about Westow Hill Crystal Palace stabbing road closed - RecapAdd new comment
SE19, SE27 and SW16 homes without water for second day Submitted by daniel on Wed, 13/05/2026 - 11:43 Picture Image The incident, which began early on May 12, has affected customers across SE19 (Crystal Palace / Upper Norwood), SE27 (West Norwood / Tulse Hill) and SW16 (Streatham / Norbury), resulting in no water or low pressure. Thames Water confirmed the issue was caused by burst pipes on Knights Hill in SE27, which led to wider disruption across nearby postcodes and left some households with no supply. A spokesman for Thames Water said: “We know how disruptive it is if you lose your water supply, so we’ll work hard to get things back to normal as soon as we can.” Read more about SE19, SE27 and SW16 homes without water for second dayAdd new comment
South London teaching assistant jailed after grooming boy Submitted by daniel on Mon, 27/04/2026 - 17:00 Picture Image Charlie Territt, who worked at Streatham Wells Primary School, was sentenced to seven years in prison on Thursday (April 23) by a judge who described him as having a “perverted fixation” with the victim. Prosecutor Bhavin Patel said that throughout 2024, Territt engaged in late-night conversations with a vulnerable child on Snapchat. The 32-year-old sent sexual videos of himself and incited the child to send similar videos in return. Noticing a change in behaviour, the victim's elder sibling inspected the Snapchat account and discovered Territt’s vile messages. Read more about South London teaching assistant jailed after grooming boyAdd new comment
South Londoners jailed in April so far including rapists Submitted by daniel on Sun, 19/04/2026 - 12:00 Picture Image Here are the names and faces of the men who have been sentenced to prison time in April 2026 to date. Men raped missing girl, 14 Three men from Beckenham and Lewisham raped a missing 14-year-old girl over several days. Daryl German, 43, approached the girl on the street and persuaded her to go to his flat where he raped her, before going on to “pimp her” to Jordan Doneley Wint, 31, and Deon Smith, 55. The victim was a “vulnerable young girl” with learning difficulties whose mum had reported her missing after she ran away from home last June. Read more about South Londoners jailed in April so far including rapistsAdd new comment
SL15 bus Eltham to Clapham - all the schools on the route Submitted by daniel on Fri, 17/04/2026 - 16:00 Picture Image Transport for London (TfL) has officially confirmed plans to go ahead with the SL15 bus route, running between Clapham Junction and Eltham, following strong support shown during an online consultation. Following feedback, TfL confirmed a number of changes to the SL15 Superloop route, including revising stop and standing arrangements at Clapham Junction and dropping plans to use space under the Falcon Road railway bridge. Read more about SL15 bus Eltham to Clapham - all the schools on the routeAdd new comment
Search for man who absconded during Deptford DLR shop visit Submitted by daniel on Wed, 01/04/2026 - 19:46 Picture Image Officers were called shortly after 1.20pm on Wednesday, March 31 and informed that, Menelik, 46, had absconded from staff while on an escorted visit to shops near Deptford Dockland Light Railway Station. He is believed to have boarded a number 53 bus heading towards Lambeth North. PC Luke Hill, who is leading the investigation, said: "My team are continuing to carry out extensive enquiries to locate Menelik, but he remains missing. "If seen, we ask the public not to approach him and call 999. Read more about Search for man who absconded during Deptford DLR shop visitAdd new comment
SL15 Superloop Eltham to Clapham - All you need to know Submitted by daniel on Mon, 16/03/2026 - 05:00 Picture Image TfL has officially confirmed it will proceed with introducing the new SL15 Superloop route between Clapham Junction and Eltham, following a public consultation held in late 2025. The online consultation received 1,897 responses, the majority of which came from members of the public and showed strong support for the proposal, with many respondents welcoming the improved east–west connectivity the route would bring across south London. Changes and alterations to the route Read more about SL15 Superloop Eltham to Clapham - All you need to knowAdd new comment
9 south London Lloyds and Halifax branches closing in 2026 Submitted by daniel on Fri, 13/03/2026 - 07:00 Lloyds and Halifax have announced the closure of a number of their branches nationwide, with nine of them affecting south London. Some, like the Mitcham, New Addington and Wandsworth (Garratt Lane) branches, have already closed, with others set to close in the spring and summer of this year. However, Croydon’s store is set to close its 137 North End branch on a temporary basis for a relocation before reopening on May 5 at Unit 74, Ground Floor, Centrale Shopping Centre. Read more about 9 south London Lloyds and Halifax branches closing in 2026Add new comment
New Cross Gate to West Croydon Southern Overground suspended Submitted by daniel on Mon, 16/02/2026 - 12:28 Picture Image Night services between New Cross Gate and West Croydon will be suspended from Monday, February 16 to Friday, February 20 due to the works. London Overground trains will be affected from around 11.55pm each night, as engineering work is carried out on the Windrush line, as reported by our sister title London Now. No Overground trains will run between New Cross Gate and West Croydon or Crystal Palace and passengers are advised to check their journey plans in advance. Read more about New Cross Gate to West Croydon Southern Overground suspendedAdd new comment